This past Saturday was Hockey Day in Canada. We celebrated with our friends and neighbours in true Canadian style with a game of hockey and skating on the pond behind our house followed by a wonderful Hockey Day party and potluck (where we watched more hockey).
This one day annual event is about the extent of my little family's involvement in hockey but we look forward to the fun every year.

On Friday I went to the clinic for my MRI results. My MRI showed a complex mass deep in my pelvis. It wasn't clear but it looks like it's on my left ovary. I'm praying that it's not cancer. The doctor we saw told us that because it's complex it needs to be investigated further even if it's an ovarian cyst. The MRI also didn't rule out a lesion on my spine so I have to go for a bone scan. Then I have to see a urologist to see what is going on with my bladder and to rule out a tumor there and I need an ultrasound to look more closely at the lump on my back. I'm trying very hard not to worry.
This is what I'm thinking...
My back pain is a little better so I'm taking that as a good sign.
The bladder issues.... well, I'll just pray the pain stops. Two courses of antibiotics later and it still hurts. I'm not sure what to think of that one.
The lump, I've gotten used to it and it's most likely a lipoma. Crossing my fingers anyways.
The worst part about having had cancer is that a little thing is never just a little thing.... and having lots of 'little things' at once is just plain scary.
In the middle of all of this, we packed up and went on a ski trip. I'm posting from our room while the girls and Darin are out hitting the slopes. It's wet out there but I think they're still having fun.
Distraction is the name of the game today and luckily I have a family of experts.
Happy Valentines Day friends!

12 comments:
Oh, Tracey! Sending wellness vibes your way mixed up with a big hug. Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, my friend. :)
Happy Valentine's Day to YOU! I've been thinking about you so much lately... wondering how you've been. Gosh, I'm proud of you for having such a good attitude about all these "little things." BIG hugs for you!! And lots and lots of prayers!!! Things will turn out alright- I just know it! ♥♥
Sending you lots of good thoughts. I really wish all of these health issues would go way for you.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Happy Valentine's Day Tracy, I am sending you all the positive energy I can and will keep praying for your good health.
Oh no. I am so sorry you are going through so much. It is just terribly unfair! I'm sure it is difficult but I'm glad you are staying positive! Sending lots of hugs and good vibes your way sweet friend!
Sending good, healthy vibes your way! Have fun on your ski getaway!
Thinking lots of positive thoughts for you and hoping that you get some much needed answers soon!
Gosh darn it Tracey not the outcome I wanted to hear. I'll be thinking about you everyday and sending up prayers and love. Stay positive girl don't get trapped in the what if's. Love you, Denise.
I'm glad you posted. I've been thinking about you every day. Like Denise said, not what we wanted to hear, but she's right about thinking positive. In the meantime I'll keep praying for you and hope the answers come soon. Big hugs for you my friend!! <3
God must be tired of me saying your name Trace...Love you! xoxo
I had been wondering how you were doing. It is so awful to have to wait for test results over and over. I am praying that all your worries will be for nothing. Take care of yourself and enjoy the coming sunshine!!
I too have been thinking about you and looking for a post everyday. I continue to pray for you and hope that all of these little things will be just that...little things. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude. Blessings.
Post a Comment