We celebrated the holiday with my Inlaws the weekend before Christmas so on Christmas Eve my family came over for dinner and a few board games. We always have lobster for our Christmas Eve meal. It's a tradition that Darin's family has had for years and one we started with our little family when the girls were born.
We try to alternate spending Christmas Eve with either my family or my Inlaws but since both sides look forward to the lobster tradition we do it twice each year. Are we spoiled or what?! On Christmas morning my parents, sister and Grandmother came over to open stockings and gifts. My Grandmother lives in Alberta so it was wonderful to have her here over the holidays this year!
Esmé bought Darin a frying pan for Christmas. We were in Canadian Tire and she saw him pick one up to look at it. She insisted I buy it for him and since we were all shopping together it was a bit of a production to check out separately and sneak it out to the car. When we got home she managed to get it into her room without him seeing and to wrap it herself.
She was so excited that she'd pulled it off. The week before Christmas she put her big surprise under the tree. Her wrapping job was hilarious since she'd made no attempt to hide that it was a frying pan. Darin played along and tried to guess what it was all week. What a surprise on Christmas morning!

For our girls' main gift each year we get them a trip. We don't have a lot of space for more stuff (and they get a lot from family anyway) so it works out nicely. This year we decided to take the girls to New York City for a week. They're super excited and can't stop talking about it.
I've never been to NYC so I can't wait to spend some time exploring with Darin and the kids. If you've been there or live there (Carolyn!) and have some tips for me, I'd love to hear them!
I hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!



6 comments:
Your new blog looks fabulous!
I also LOVE your new Blog :)
Hi Tracey. I agree..love the new blog too. So nice to see pics of the girls and your holidays...you always capture everything so perfectly. Hoping 2011 is a great one for you and Darrin and the girls. xoxo
I look forward to following your adventures for a new year! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with family, I wish I could take such lovely pictures of people.
New York City, what fun!! I have been many times and it is an amazing city, you will love it!
LOVE the new blog... so pretty! Glad you had a great Chirstmas. You captured it perfectly, as always!
Love the new blog as well. So glad you are doing it again in 2011. It looks like you and your family had a great Christmas. Looking forward to seeing what 2011 brings!
Post a Comment