This week's photo challenge at I Heart Faces is "Best Face Photo from 2011."
I took this picture of Esmé and Darin in the Bahamas in the spring of 2011. It's my very favourite picture from last year. It was one of the most amazing days we spent together as a family in 2011. Everyone was healthy, happy and relaxed. We'd just spent a week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with friends and at the last minute we decided as a family to head south to Florida and go on a Cruise before heading home.
When we got off the ship in Freeport we decided to do our own thing. We knew we'd made the right choice when we saw lines of hundreds of people waiting to board buses for the cruise line arranged shore excursions.
We found a driver and spent a couple of hours hiking through the caves of the Lucayan National Park and at the end of the trail we discovered the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen (quite possibly the most beautiful beach in the entire world!). We played together on this stunning, endless white sand beach for hours. The best part was we were the only people there. On the way back to the boat we stopped at a little beach cafe for some fresh, just warm from the oven banana bread. Bliss.
Ezzy's face in this picture completely captures the wonder and happiness of that day. I love it.
Here's the link if you want to join in with an entry of your own! I Heart Faces Photo Challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
How fun! Her facial expression makes me want to buy a ticket and fly out tomorrow for the beach! You truly caught an awesome moment that I am sure you will cherish with your family for years to come!
wonderful! Such a fun capture!
so fun!! I love the black and white and all the space in the sky you captured!
It really is a great photo, sounds like a magical day!
This gives me goosebumps.
Post a Comment