It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.


-Henry David Throeau


Welcome friends!

I'm Tracy and this is my blog. It's a mix of photography, art, writing, and life as I see it in 2011. Enjoy!

Hats and the Big Ten

It's been a busy weekend!  Isabel turned ten yesterday (10?!) and we've been celebrating all weekend.

On Friday my good friend Laurie and her kids came for a visit.  Her daughter is Isabel's besty and we decided surprise Isabel with a birthday visit.  They live about 5 hours away so we don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like to.  This year's surprise visit wasn't quite as elaborate as last year's but it was a great one none the less!

I'm still in a lot of pain so we took it easy and didn't venture out too far, but we visited, caught up and had a really great time.  We were so sad to see them leave this morning.




I've been crocheting again.   My girls love hats but I think we might finally have enough of them.   I made this pink one for Isabel and a cute little baby hat for a friend who is due any day now.  I think I'm ready to try something new so I'm on the hunt for a great cowl pattern.  If you know where I could find a nice one please feel free to share!

6 comments:

dkdrury said...

Is there any end to your talents?? Seriously … those are amazing!!! Happy Birthday to Isabel and welcome to double-digits!!! You, sweet girl, take care of yourself and get some rest. Big hugs and prayers!!! xx

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Birthdays are the best! I did some searching on ravelry, and there seems to be a lot of nice patterns on the Lion Brand website, but one most likely needs to log in. But I did find one very pretty cowl that looks quick to crochet and can be worn several ways - http://www.thisisknit.ie/Here%20Comes%20Treble.pdf

LJ said...

Gorgeous hats! You are so talented. 10?! Wow! Hope she had a great birthday.

mmmandy! said...

Holy cow!! You MADE those?! They're AWESOME! And holy amazing photo, Batman! That first one is perfect. I always want to take great photos of the cake with candles and never get anything even close to good. :( Sorry that you're still hurting. Still praying for you! ♥

Kristy said...

Love the hats!!!
I am so sad you are not feeling well!!!
I can't believe your big girl is 10 :)

Steph said...

I agree with everyone..those hats are amazing. Love them! Happy Birthday Izzy!!

ps.still praying! xoxo

Post a Comment