It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.


-Henry David Throeau


Welcome friends!

I'm Tracy and this is my blog. It's a mix of photography, art, writing, and life as I see it in 2011. Enjoy!

Snow fun and a horse...

Isabel was given an Igloo making mold last year for Christmas and it works great.  Lately we've had  perfect heavy, wet, igloo making snow so Darin decided to take the girls outside and help them build one.  The girls love how it turned out and have declared it their new (chilly) clubhouse.   I wasn't able to help because my back is too sore but I did venture outside to see how it was going about half way through.  Then I had a cup of tea and watched their progress through the kitchen window.


I finally picked up my new camera to play a little but I was in too uncomfortable to hunt for something interesting to take a picture of... this little horse was sitting next to me on my Kleenex box so I made do with him.  His name is Snowman.  He's named after Isabel's horse that she bought for a dollar.  Have I told that story here before?  I'll give you the short version because it's late and I need sleep. 

Our friend Steve and his partner own a horse farm.  One day when he was visiting he told the girls they could buy a horse.  For a dollar each.  They paid.  He took the money.  They own horses.  They're the best kind because they live somewhere else, someone else pays for their food and board, and someone else looks after them.  We visit occasionally.  The end.

5 comments:

Steph said...

That looks like fun! I'm sorry your back is giving you trouble still (that's NO fun) but I'm glad you've had the chance to play with the camera a bit. I really do have a thing for Nikon images and I'm going to live vicariously through yours. ;)

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Oh my! You have an igloo in your backyard, and it's perfect!! And the photo of the horse is hauntingly real. I want a dollar horse too!

LJ said...

I LOVE the horse story. That is awesome. :)
An igloo mold sounds like an awesome gift. That is a really cool igloo.

Anonymous said...

Those are the best kind of horses to own. I love the igloo mold. MIght have to invest in one of those for the grandkids. Great idea!!! I sure hope your back starts to feel better, sending prayers and hugs your way love.

dkdrury said...

That igloo is so awesome! My kids would love it. I hope you feel better soon …keeping you in my prayers sweet friend! <3

Post a Comment